Wednesday, 14 August 2013

School Makeup Bag Must-Haves

For today’s blog post I have decided to write about my back-to-school beauty essentials. Basically, I have listed all the things I take with me in my makeup bag to school. I understand that a lot of schools are very strict on makeup, (and besides, who wants to carry round an extra heavy bag anyway!?), so I tried to condense this down into just a few of my main must-haves. Enjoy!

All images are my own.
1) Mirror. I think everyone should have a pocket-sized mirror in their bag, wherever they go. It’s just so handy for checking how your hair or makeup is looking. Some schools don’t actually have mirrors, even in the toilets (or is it just mine?) but in any case, if you want to check up on your appearance during of a lesson, it’s always good to carry your own. After all, it may save you from that embarrassing ‘food stuck in your teeth’ situation – trust me, I’ve been there!
2) Hairbrush. I don’t know about you guys, but my hair gets extremely knotty. Literally, one gust of wind and I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards. Therefore, I always like to keep a brush handy, to sort out that bird’s nest of mine!
3) Bobby Pins & Hair Ties. Perfect for those days when your hair’s just being annoying and getting in the way. By keeping some ties / pins handy, you’re always sure that you can get your hair out of your face whenever you would like.
4) Body Spray. This is definitely, in my opinion, one of the most important ones. A body spray is great to carry around, especially if you have a P.E. / Gym / Dance lesson, or if it’s just a hot day. By simply spritzing on some of your favourite fragrance, you will smell delicious (and be sure to get some compliments)! My current favourite is the ‘Natural Collection Wild Strawberry Body Spray’ which you can purchase from Boots. The range features a variety of different scents (including the gorgeous Mango & Papaya), and at only £2 a bottle who can complain?
5) Lipbalm. Let’s be honest dry, chapped, flaky lips are hardly a good look, are they? To keep your lips looking kissably soft, keep a lipbalm (or chapstick if you prefer) in your bag to rub in throughout the day. I use good old Vaseline, which you can purchase from lots of shops for £1.99.
6) Mascara. Everyone, and I mean everyone, looks better with mascara. It helps make eyes look bigger and more awake, which can really transform the look of your whole face! Even if you don’t wear much makeup, I would definitely recommend investing in a good mascara – trust me, it works wonders! One thing I really love about mascara is how versatile it is. You can build it up, until you have huge, thick lashes that look like you are wearing falsies, if you are going out for the evening. But then again, with the same product, you can wear a coat or two, so that it looks like your own, natural lashes, for work or, in this case, school. I’d recommend the ‘Maybeline Falsies Mascara’ which is around £7.99.
7) Pressed Powder. If you’re anything like me, and have combination / oily skin, you’ll know that throughout the day your skin can get rather greasy and shiny. I always bring a powder compact with me, so I can make sure my skin is nice and matte. Try and purchase one that comes with a powder puff, as this is a lot easier to carry around with you than a brush. I use ‘The Body Shop Pressed Face Powder’ in the shade 01. They come with their own powder puff, and are around £9.99 (I can’t remember the exact price).
 
And that’s just about it! I hope you enjoyed this post, please feel free to comment below what you thought of it, and any suggestions for my upcoming posts.
Thanks for reading!
E.E. xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment