1) Cleanse. You will probably all be doing
this already, but you must remember to cleanse your skin, morning and evening.
This is so important, I really can’t
stress it enough! Not only is this going to remove any makeup you may have on
during the day, it’s also going to get rid of all the germs, and oil that may
build up on your face. I use the No7
Soft & Soothed Gentle Cleanser (£8.00 from Boots), which is just as
good as a lot of more expensive brands.
2) Tone. After you’ve cleansed, you should
tone your skin. Toning helps soothe and refresh your tired face. I use the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
(£13.25 from Liz Earle), which smells absolutely divine! I just squeeze a bit onto a cotton wool pad, and then sweep
this all over my face and neck. Toning is my favourite step in my skin routine
– it really helps wake me up on a morning!
3) Scrub. Using a scrub (or exfoliator) on
your skin can often prove really beneficial. Scrubbing your skin is going to
make it a lot smoother, and even better, clearer! My all-time favourite face
scrub in the world, ever, is the St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting
Apricot Scrub (£4.29 from Boots). This is the single best thing I have ever
used for clearing up my skin. Within a few days of using this scrub, my acne
had noticeably died down, it was just unbelievable! I am going to be posting a
full review of this product later on, but for now, all I have to say is buy it!!!
4) Moisturise. Quite a lot of people with
acne think that by moisturising, they will be making their skin oilier, and
therefore worse. However, the reality is the complete opposite! Moisturising
means that your skin will have to produce a lot less oil itself, which can
often lead to less spots. If you have naturally oily skin, try and go for an
oil-free formula, but if you have drier skin, then you won’t need to worry
about this. The one I use is the Liz
Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser (£19.25 from John Lewis), because I
find this doesn’t make my skin look greasy (which most regular moisturisers
do).
5) Face Masks. Yes, they aren’t just for
sleepovers! You can purchase plenty of different face masks designed for a
variety of different purposes, including treating acne. I use the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask (which
I believe has been discontinued!?). I find that this draws my spots out, which
for the first day or two after using it does make my skin look worse, but in
the long run it looks a lot better! If you’re short on money don’t worry –
there are plenty of face masks that you can make yourself, with products from
your own kitchen. I will have a list of these in an upcoming post.
6) Special Creams. There are lots of
creams you can purchase that are designed to target spots. The one I use is the
Wilkinson Skinology Intensive Spot Cream
(£1.99 from Wilkinsons). This helps dry up your spots, without drying up
your skin. Different things work for different people, so you’re probably not
going to find the perfect product instantly. Don’t be afraid to try things out until
you find what’s right for you.
![]() |
| All images are my own. |
7) Light Makeup. Covering your face with layers of heavy foundation and
concealer is not going to be doing your skin any favours! Keep your makeup as
light as possible, by using a mineral powder foundation, to prevent any further
spots forming.
8) Drink, Drink, Drink! Drinking water is
good for you whole body, not just your skin. Try to drink around 8 glasses a
day, and your face will be glowing!
9) Don’t Touch. Picking at your spots is
very tempting, but don’t do it! You
may end up with scars, which look ugly and last much longer than spots do
anyway. By putting your fingers on your skin, you’re only going to be
transferring all the germs and grease from your hands onto your face.
Obviously, this isn’t a good idea, so keep those hands away!
10) Confidence. I know it’s not easy having
bad skin, but confidence can really help draw attention away from your face.
Who cares what your skin looks like? Even the most gorgeous people in the world
can have acne, it happens to everyone. If you go out there with a ‘I don’ care’
attitude, no-one else will care either!
Thanks for reading, if you have any tips, then please comment them down below, I’m sure I’m not the only one who’ll be wanting to hear them
E.E. xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment